Identifying the theme of a piece is crucial to understanding. Using the play Romeo and Juliet as an example, the concept of theme is explored in a video of a classroom lecture.
1 Collection 33 Views 30 Downloads
- For classmembers the video could kick off a lesson on identifying themes in literature
- For professional development, the video could be used as a flipped classroom model to critique
- Although not a great model, the video certainly provides food for thought; therefore, use it to inspire your own flipped classroom videos
- The video makes the distinction that a theme is the author's statement about or insight into life
- Because of the poor quality of the video, the resource would best serve as a model to critique