Continue celebrating Poetry Month with an interactive whose focus is writing shape, or theme, poems. Young poets choose from nature, school, shapes, sports, and celebration themes. Then, they brainstorm words that have to do with the topic and type a poem using some or all of their brainstormed words.
- After learners write their poems, have them send the final one to your e-mail or instruct them to print a copy
- Use the attached theme poems resource to obtain ideas for using the interactive in the classroom
- Requires Flash® Player to run the interactive
- The audio portion is not necessary to use the application
- Offers a fun way for learners to write a shape poem
- Poems can be printed, saved, or e-mailed