Is cold real, or just a feeling? Assist your class in discovering the truth behind the body's assumption of cold as they learn the difference between heat and temperature and why wind causes a person to feel colder. They conclude with a discussion on the theory of absolute zero.
- Have each learner compose a short story about what happens inside the body when a person is stranded outside in the cold for a lengthy period of time
- Research the effects of how different levels of cold can affect the body (such as hypothermia, gangrene, etc)
- Make certain to assist anyone with special needs or who is not a native speaker of the Enlish language
- Short segment allows time for additional lab activities or research projects
- Detailed language presented in clear and simple terms for learners of all educational levels