Video field trip! Viewers learn about the rocks that make up national monuments. including gabbro used for the Vietnam War Memorial, marble used in the Lincoln Memorial, and the Seneca sandstone used in the Smithsonian Castle.
3 Views 2 Downloads
- Use the video during a unit on rocks
- Challenge learners to identify rocks in local areas of interest
- Learners should have basic knowledge of sedimentary and igneous rocks
- Simple explanations make it easy to digest the concept
- Video is shot on location, so viewers who haven't been to Washington, D.C. can see what the monuments look like