Most species use one way of attracting a mate, whether through physical displays, alluring sounds, or aggression. The side-blotched lizards use three different ways, providing balance to their ecosystem. While the males use their own methods to attract females, females show a preference for the underdog, thus keeping the numbers stable over millions of years.
- Play roshambo during class
- Discuss the benefit of having three variations of the same species living in balance
- Show the video when studying animal adaptations, evolution, desert environments, or lizards
- Subtitles benefit English learners, visual learners, and note takers
- High definition video shows the differences in the skin tones of the lizards