Without water, mosses dry out and stop photosynthesizing, essentially dying. However, with the first drop of rain, even after 100 years, they instantly come to life and grow. The video explains the benefits of this behavior and what scientists hope to learn.
- Learn more about resurrection plants here
- Invite a botanist to speak to your class about these amazing plants
- Relies on prior knowledge of the meaning of resurrection but not on any religious knowledge
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Incredible detail with high-definition graphics and sound to draw viewers into the video
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired