Set aside some time to practice the long /i/ sound when it shows up in words that follow the _i_e pattern. Kids read the short poem, which includes plenty of words that follow this pattern, and then respond to three reading comprehension questions.
- Read the poem out loud for the full effect of words with the long /i/ sound
- Have kids circle each word that includes the long /i/ sound and follow the _i_e pattern
- Set up stations around the room and use this worksheet at one of them
- Includes a nice variety of words that include the long /i/ sound and follow the _i_e pattern
- Handwriting lines are provided to support learners as they work on their handwriting skills
- This does not include an answer key, but the responses to the comprehension questions should be fairly easy to determine