This Things That Matter to Flocculants lesson plan also includes:
How does the dirt get out of your drinking water? A hands-on activity introduces the use of flocculants to help clear solid particles out of water. The plan walks learners through the process of setting up an experiment that controls the variables of type of flocculant, stirring, and pH.
- Research the water treatment process as a class activity
- Invite an employee from the water treatment plant to come to the class and explain what is done to the water for your town
- Non-treated water needs to be collected prior to the lesson from either a stream or pond
- The teacher or class members need to prepare the flocculant materials prior to beginning the activity
- Provides assessment for the activity
- Comes with pictures to show what should happen during the experiment