This This is How the World Ends lesson plan also includes:
Is this the end of the world as we know it? Pupils prepare for a coronal mass ejection during a instructional activity from the K20 series. The activity combines video and Internet research in a collaborative assignment that focuses on public safety during natural disasters.
- Extend the lesson by adding a PBS documentary that describes solar research
- Have groups pick their own methods for delivering their public service announcement about CMEs
- Allow plenty of time for students to read the article, as it is difficult
- Schedule research time in the computer lab well in advance of the lesson
- The resource includes a Teacher Helper document to tackle the tough questions pupils may have about the article
- Lesson is challenging yet engaging