Amaze your class with a video segment on rainbows and why they are not what they necessarily appear to be. Individuals watch light and ice merge, which triggers a prism, thus forming a rainbow. They listen to a scientific explanation of this phenomenon and discuss their feelings on the matter.
- Gather materials to create a rainbow within the class
- Research the scientific aspects of rainbows and the number of occurrences in students' local environments over the past decade
- Ensure each learner understands this concept and assist those who may be hearing or visually impaired during the activities
- The resource is filled with humor and provides a witty lesson to engage all learners within the class
- Segment is short enough to integrate into an existing lesson plan or use if time is minimal