Do we really think about overall energy used when we watch that funny video for the fourth time? It adds up! Pupils watch as the energy used for Internet tasks is related to an equal number of AA batteries. The narrator compares watching videos on a laptop versus on a smartphone or tablet.
- Use the resource to kick off a school energy study
- The video is a fun addition to an energy conservation lesson
- No prior knowledge is required to enjoy the video
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Using AA batteries to convey the total energy used puts both large and small amounts in perspective
- The narrator explains the full path information takes as it travels around the world, an angle not often examined in energy resource lessons