This Thomas Edison: Inventor, Lecturer and Prankster activity & project also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
It's no small wonder that a lightbulb has come to represent a bright idea. The light bulb, the bright idea of Thomas Edison, was just one of his over 1,000 inventions. A teacher's guide introduces young audiences to works of the man who still holds the record for the greatest number of US Patents.
- Ask class members to identify a problem or need, invent a solution to that problem, and then host a fair where inventors demonstrate their inventions
- One section of the fair could be used to display designs for a "Rube Goldberg Contest"
- The guide is designed to prepare classes for a 45-minute assembly program that can be scheduled by contacting History Alive!
- The materials in the guide are appropriate for any study of Edison whether or not an assembly is scheduled
- The six-page guide includes a timeline of inventions and events, links to books for primary graders, high schoolers, and adults, as well as fun web sites