Why Lesson Planet?
Class members are transformed into explorers as they work in groups to locate hidden items and map their journey along the way. They then leave clues for other groups of young scholars to follow, and ultimately discover how past explorations can inform future adventurers and lead to great innovation.
- For an advanced group of learners, expand the activity to take place around the larger school grounds, and rather than mark the cardinal directions, have students use a compass to determine the directions themselves
- Link to video provided in the lesson plan does not work; however, you can find the video in this review's additional materials section
- It will take some time to prepare the hidden materials, review activity procedures, and ensure a smooth lesson progression
- Pupils should have firm background knowledge of map making skills, including cardinal directions, the compass rose, and how to design a map key, legend, and scale
- Hands-on, engaging learning experience
- Includes student activity worksheet
- Spanish translation of materials provided