Why Lesson Planet?
Round and round it goes. Class members observe a current carrying loop in a magnetic field and calculate its associated torque. They then apply what they have learned to example problems to solve for the torque and to calculate the energy of the loop.
- Show a video of a loop rotating because of the magnetic force applied to it
- Provide other examples for the class to do
- The class should have an understanding of rotation and torque
- The fifth in a 14-part series
- The homework answer key shows the calculations required to arrive at the answer
- The lesson plan contains a labeling scheme in order to draw the two-dimensional representations of what is happening in three dimensions
- The lesson plan does not lay out an instructional strategy
- Current Loops in Magnetic Fields Homework
- Current Loops in Magnetic Fields Homework Solutions