Low tides, high tides, spring tides, neap tides, diurnal tides, semidiurnal tides, mixed tides ... just how many types of tides are there? The 10th installment of a 23-part NOAA Enrichment in Marine sciences and Oceanography (NEMO) program explains the causes and types of tides. Pupils then research organisms living in intertidal zones.
- Extend the student activity into a research project
- Learners must be able to read graphs
- Activity requires some materials you might not have in your classroom, such as construction paper
- You can access additional resources directly from the lesson PDF
- Resource provides definitions for all key terminology