Save those precious minutes and hours spent planning math lessons with this mini-unit on telling time. Offering a series of engaging hands-on and collaborative learning activities, these three lessons teach children how to read analog clocks and help them to understand the relationships between different units of time.
- Create a set of laminated clocks using the included materials, using them year after year during lessons on time
- Keep the "Teacher Observation Checklist" on a clipboard, using it to take notes on student learning during the lessons
- As an additional activity, have students first estimate and then measure how long it takes them to complete various tasks
- Unit involves a shared reading of the book Telling Time with Big Mama Cat by Dan Harper, which may be found in your school or local public library
- Multiple worksheets and supporting printable materials are included with the resource
- Lessons offer suggestions for reteaching or extending student learning
- Includes two separate assessments with corresponding answer keys