This Time's Up lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
How was your year? Create an individual timeline that document learners' personal history from the previous year. After reading an article about celebrating New Year's in Japan, pairs interview each other to gather information about their past experiences and New Year's expectations. They then use this information to create their timeline and a personal essay documenting their experiences from the previous year.
- Lesson is set for 2007, but is easily adapted for the current year
- Encourages reflection and personal growth
- Connects to both social studies and language arts content standards
- Includes extension activities, such as a time capsule and a letter to pupils' future selves