This Tiny by Mandy Coe lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Introduce magic and imagination into your classroom with a poetry activity. Learners read the poem "Tiny" by Mandy Coe and use their magic tickets to visit any place they can think of! The final result is a poem describing where they went on their enchanted trip.
- After kids write their poem drafts, have them write out edited final drafts and illustrate their imaginings
- Make sure you emphasize the idea that the poem should be based around where their magical tickets took them
- While designed for elementary students, this idea could easily be adapted for older learners; it's all about imagination and sensory details
- The worksheets are high quality and guide learners through some brainstorming and creative thought
- The plan encourages pupils to explore their surroundings and tap into their imaginations