This Tools to Study Tornadoes and Galaxies lesson plan also includes:
Take your class on an intergalactic journey as they explore the galaxy and various meteorological events taking place in our atmosphere each day. Learners investigate electromagnetic waves and the Doppler Effect before gathering radar data and discussing these results with the entire class.
- Have learners visit websites to further understand environmental elements such as tornadoes and other meteorological events
- Instruct the class to construct a model of the before and after effects of a meteorological event
- Each learner should already understand the Electromagnetic Spectrum and Doppler Shift
- Includes websites to assist the class in learning more about meteorological events
- Contains expansion ideas and a question/answer worksheet to ensure students understand the concepts presented