This Total Internal Reflection interactive also includes:
Scholars work through three different activities applying their knowledge of total internal reflection (TIR). First, they simply identify which diagrams create TIR and which don't. Next, they match different types of boundary behaviors considering the angle of incidence and the critical angle. Finally, they compare two media and identify the correct diagram to achieve TIR.
- Discuss the advances in data transfer and sharing since the addition of optical fibers
- Relies on prior knowledge of the requirements for total internal reflection and the angles that lead to it
- Works on all Internet-connected devices from personal-sized through smart boards
- Provides immediate feedback and a help section to review material
- Links to related labs, lessons, and modules
- Includes all questions in PDF format, so they are accessible to everyone