This Toxic Popcorn Design Challenge lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
Engineering enthusiasts are sure to explode in understanding as they practice the engineering design process (EDP). A container of "toxic popcorn" is placed in the classroom. Teams must work together to devise a method for removing it safely. Plan on awarding successful teams with a delicious snack at the end of the challenge.
- Hands-on activity provides practice with problem-solving and critical-thinking
- An outstanding way of getting learners to collaborate in order to address a challenge
- Designed to meet engineering goals, including those in the Next Generation Science Standards
- Includes a colorful and clearly written student guide