This Transformation - Reflection: Lesson video also includes:
Looking into a mirror is not the same on a coordinate plane. A portion of an extensive playlist on basic geometry provides the rules to find the coordinates of points after a reflection over one of the axis. Using the rules, the video works a couple of examples, along with a reflection across a vertical line.
- Use a Mira to demonstrate reflections
- Challenge the class to come up with rules to reflect over the line y = x
- Assumes individuals have a solid foundation in graphing on the coordinate plane
- Links to other reflection resources
- Uses different colors to denote the image before and after the transformation