This Translate and Evaluate lesson plan also includes:
Translate, evaluate, educate. Discover how to translate and evaluate expressions. Young mathematicians first review words and phrases that indicate operations and learn to write algebraic expressions from verbal descriptions. Additionally, they learn to evaluate algebraic expressions through substitution.
- Have each class member write a translation problem and compile these onto a worksheet
- Be sure to check any school wellness policies before using candy in class
- Learners should be able to evaluate exponents, square and cube roots, and absolute value
- Lists a variety of extension and connection activities
- Resource provides outdated standard information