This Translations assessment also includes:
Introduce translations as transformations that move figures in horizontal and vertical distances with a video that shows how to translate the figures. A second video covers how to determine the translation that has occurred. Pupils work nine problems to show their understanding of translations.
- Conduct a brief discussion about vectors in reference to translations
- The needed videos are the third and fourth within the playlist
- The video may use different terminology when referring to translations; be sure to explain this fact to viewers
- Video shows two different methods to translate figures
- The problem set contains translations that are on grids and ones that are on the coordinate plane