This Trash to Treasure! activity & project also includes:
One person's trash is another man's treasure. Challenge your class to build something useful out of the trash they throw away on a regular basis. Groups design and build a practical item from trash they collect, allowing the class to think about the ways they can help the environment by reusing items they normally would throw into the landfill.
- Have teams follow the design process in creating their treasures
- The Carbon Print worksheet is the same worksheet from the Global Climate Change lesson
- Collect trash/recyclables for a couple of weeks before the activity
- The final activity in a 12-part series
- The assessment section provides questions to ask before the activity
- The scaling section provides suggestions for ways to alter the activity for lower and upper grades