This Trashketball activity & project also includes:
Take a shot using a lesson on volume! Young learners watch a video showing a trashcan filling with paper balls. The task is to calculate the number of paper balls that will fit in the can. Pupils use volume calculations to make a prediction and then compare their results to the actual number.
- Choose a sequel question to use as an exit card following the activity
- Have your class create a trashketball to measure the diameter
- Requires familiarity with finding the volume of cylinders and spheres
- Offers additional exercises to follow the original activity
- Provides all necessary information