This Treasure Island: Anticipation Guide lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Captain Long John Silver himself would consider this anticipation guide a treasure. Full of rereading predictions for readers to consider, the anticipation guide makes the class excited to begin reading Robert Lois Stevenson's Treasure Island. After completing the guide, the class collaboratively discusses the the choices pupils made in their small groups. The guide includes a rationale page and answer key. Shiver me timbers, it's one good resource!
- Assign the guide as homework for flipped instruction and discuss the results in class
- Return to some of these statements at the end of the reading; what would the author of the text argue, based on textual evidence?
- Consider projecting a timer for learners to see and use to manage their time completing the guide
- Comes complete with an answer key
- Worksheet for learners is visually appealing with a pirate in the background