This Trees and Carbon lesson plan also includes:
You'll find everything but the kitchen sink here ... or just a carbon sink. In the activity, pairs or groups of middle school learners go outside and measure a tree's circumference and height to estimate its carbon storage potential and compare to other group's data.
- Complete the activity after discussing the carbon cycle
- Place learners in pair or small groups to complete the activity
- All class members need notebooks to record data
- Activity allows learners to be outside, touching and measuring trees
- Contains enrichment activity suggestions at the end of the activity