This Trigonometric Identity Proofs lesson plan also includes:
Proving a trig identity might just be easier than proving your own identity at the airport. Learners first investigate a table of values to determine and prove the addition formulas for sine and cosine. They then use this result to develop the subtraction formulas.
- Use the resource to introduce addition and subtraction formulas for sine and cosine
- Learners need to have graphing calculators available
- Note that some portions of the lesson are likely to take more than the indicated time allotment
- The 18th installment of a 19-part series
- Resource indicates where to look for mathematical practices
- Proofs have scaffolding with fill-in-the-blank statements