What happens first in Tuck Everlasting? What happens after that? Prompt readers to create a timeline of the events in Natalie Babbitt's novel, detailing both story sequence and character relationships.
32 Views 24 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have readers create a draft of a timeline for homework and compare their ideas of the plot to their peers'
- Create a large timeline, either electronically or on a bulletin board, that kids can attach important events or ideas to periodically throughout the novel (or when they finish reading)
- Doesn't provide a graphic organizer or worksheet
- You'll need to bulk up the assessment part of the lesson to assess more accurately
- Provides a basic example readers can use as a model or elaborate
- Encourages learners to synthesize what they read and portray their understanding in a tangible way
- Beware grammar and usage errors