This Two Fingers lesson plan also includes:
Ask your class to think about how song lyrics can go with a video and more with a well-sequenced lesson plan that focuses on the song "Two Fingers" by Jake Bugg. Class members work together to make predictions about the content of the song, retell the story that they see, and try to come up with their own lyrics. The plan involves several stages and culminates in a whole-class discussion about the message of the song and film.
- Since the video is on YouTube, you may wish to queue it up in advance to avoid advertisements
- Note that the video covers some adult themes and does include references to cigarettes, alcohol, and domestic violence
- Pupils use images and scenes to help them come up with their own writing
- The plan allows for a good amount of collaboration and discussion
- You will want to opt for the second lyrics video option referenced in the plan, as the first includes explicit language and drug references