This Two Interpretations of Division lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Division can be seen in two ways; as splitting a whole into a certain number of pieces, or splitting it into pieces of a certain size. Help your class reach this understanding with these two simple word problems. Encourage the use of pictures or diagrams to highlight the difference between each solution. Challenge early finishers to write their own problems that demonstrate each interpretation of division.
- Word problems clearly demonstrate the two interpretations of division
- Simple numbers allow students to focus on the difference between the two problems
- Real-life context lends itself to modeling with pictures and diagrams
- Worksheet only includes two problems