This Two Variable Function Pump interactive also includes:
Use a function to operate on two variables. Pupils look at operating with complex numbers as a function of two variables. The interactive squares the input and adds a constant to it. Learners visualize the resulting output and its relationship to the input.
- Include a lesson on operating with complex numbers
- Use the interactive to demonstrate the geometric representation of operations of complex numbers
- The class should have an understanding of how to represent complex numbers in rectangular form
- Introduces the building blocks to the Mandelbrot set
- Includes links to discussions about related topics
- Provides hints to the instructor of questions students might ask