This Uglies: Problematic Situation lesson plan also includes:
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
As part of a unit centered around a reading of Uglies, a 2005 young adult dystopian fiction novel by Scott Westerfield, Steven Cummings, and Devin K. Grayson, class members engage in an activity that asks groups to come to a consensus about what items to save from a fire.
- Model and/or provide class members with examples of how to respond politely to others in consensus building situations
- Part of a series of resources designed to accompany a reading of Uglies
- The five-page packet includes a rationale for the activity, the ranking sheet, and step-by-step directions
- The activity presumes class members have experience working in collaborative groups