Do you work better under pressure? Pupils explore pressure when altering fluid density, gravity, container shape, and volume. Units can be converted to kPa, atm, and psi. To finish, scholars describe pressure as a function of depth, force, and area.
- Record and graph the air pressure outside for two weeks; this should be long enough to see a variety of readings and observations about associated changes in weather patterns
- Requires the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Safari
- Assumes prior knowledge of gas as a fluid
- Provides a document with simulation controls, how to simplify the model, and insights into student thinking
- Translates into as many as 30 languages