This Understanding a Balance Sheet lesson plan also includes:
Read any financial website or book, and it is bound to discuss the words asset and liability. But what do these words actually mean to the class? The resource effectively explains by using multiple formats and techniques, including instructional websites, lecture, demonstration of equations and a balance sheet, and a class discussion.
- Flip the class by asking scholars to read the direct instruction from College-Cram.com on their own
- Hand out sheets or provide a link to a Google Doc with examples of equations for additional practice
- Requires an Internet connection and access to a device for learners to download and view some of the content
- Provides methods to engage the class and prevent boredom, such as breaking up the material with light-hearted jokes
- Uses a variety of exercises that keep high schoolers actively involved in learning