This Understanding Elements lesson plan also includes:
Nothing says organization quite like a table. The third lesson in a six-part Mixtures and Solutions unit teaches young scientists about elements and the periodic table. They learn how the periodic table is organized and about the physical and chemical properties of elements.
- Have each learner pick their favorite element and research its chemical and physical properties
- Scholars should have familiarity with atoms and their structures
- There is an associated activity, Engineering and the Periodic Table, for the lesson
- Includes some assessment options
- Provides detailed instructions and information for teachers
- Very little for pupils to do in the lesson