William Wordsworth's "Daffodils" provides young poets with an opportunity to examine how a poet can use powerful images and poetic devices to create vivid pictures in the minds of readers.
43 Views 37 Downloads
- Use the worksheet to model how to read a poem or to assess understanding of poetic devices
- Locate and project images of fields of daffodils
- The exercise assumes learners are familiar with the such literary devices as assonance, alliteration, personification, simile, metaphor, mood, tone, and rhyme scheme
- Key vocabulary and poetic devices are identified
- Additional scaffolding would be required for learners to make the connection between identifying the poetic devices and recognizing how these elements are used by the poet to create a word picture