This Understanding the Epidemiologic Triangle through Infectious Disease lesson plan also includes:
Introduce infectious diseases and the epidemiologic triangle. A helpful resource describes the agent, host, and environment from the three vertices as well as the time factor, which is in the middle. Scholars complete a simple epidemiological study and an epidemiologic triangle.
- Have groups of students research an infectious disease that we have a vaccine for as well as its impact
- Use a KWL chart
- Introduce and send home the infectious diseases sheet before beginning this lesson; remind students that they are not required to select any that might be embarrassing to their families
- The lesson is the first in a series of nine
- Provides a grading rubric
- Lists additional resources and text correlations