Building on prior knowledge of the pervious lesson in the series, pupils explain the previous lesson to each other. Then they write a simple guide for a young child to read on the same topic.
9 Views 9 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Create a rubric for grading the assignment and give it to pupils before they begin writing
- Team teach the lesson with language arts and science using two different sets of grading standards (one grading technical content and the other writing) so scholars can earn two grades from one assignment
- Assumes prior knowledge of the first lesson in the series as well as non-fiction reading strategies
- Lesson is the second in a five-part series
- Includes one extension idea
- Offers discussion questions to help guide scholars and keep them on topic