This Undocumented Immigrants lesson plan also includes:
Stay or go? As part of a study of immigration and human rights, class members listen to the stories of several immigrants and must decide if the story was their own if they would stay in the United States as an undocumented immigrant or return to their native country. In addition, groups examine case studies of immigrants and identify the human rights that were fulfilled or violated.
- Divide the class into groups, give each group a different data chart, and have them update the statistics to represent current information
- The resource does not take into account the current political debate about immigration, undocumented immigrants, and government immigration policy
- The seventh in a series of 13 resources designed to be used in order
- The 18-page packet includes a detailed plan, activities, discussion questions, graphic organizers, and case studies for groups to examine
- A list of immigration-related films can be found in Appendix C on page 289 of the teacher guide
- The statistics used in the lesson are from 2006 and 2010 and would need to be updated