This Unit 4 Pre-Assessment assessment also includes:
Pre-assessments are great to help teachers determine what information their classes lack, what misconceptions they have, and how in depth to teach specific concepts. The first in a five-part series is a pre-assessment of middle schoolers' knowledge of climate change. Consisting of 13 short-answer and multiple-choice questions, the pre-assessment allows teachers to see what their classes already know.
- Use at the beginning of a unit on climate change to help determine what to teach and how in depth
- Allow 15 minutes for the assessment (pupils either know it or they don't at this point)
- The multiple choice questions have the correct answer in red, so when printing these, look for differences in answer choice colors and fix them if necessary
- Assessment includes different types of questions, allowing teachers to better understand what classes know and don't know
- Resource has pupils analyze graphs, which provides great practice for middle schoolers who might struggle with this skill