Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Here is a must-have resource for studying fairy tales, myths, and folktales with your class! It includes instructional ideas, activities, and materials to support a month-long review of these three unique genres of writing.
204 Views 156 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Consider other options for students to publish their work, such as on a classroom blog or using a story-writing app
- While the resource provides materials and a general outline for a great unit, the key to its success will be how each of the suggested activities are executed. To support this, consider including more detailed lessons and rubrics to support such activities as interviewing, small group discussion, or writing compare/contrast statements
- Most of the unit components involve online references; you will need to either project the materials or pupils will need access to appropriate technology
- Includes fantastic website page with several interactive workshops
- Links to websites and materials from reputable, established sources
- Several student reading materials provided
What Members Say
- Paul H., Teacher
- Lakewood, NJ