As part of a study of the American Presidency, groups investigate five topics: Campaigns and Elections, Role and Responsibilities, Life in the White House, Assassination and Mourning, and Communicating the Presidency.
44 Views 30 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Add campaign slogans for recent presidential elections to the list of slogans to analyze
- Assign recent or historical presidencies to small groups, and have them write narratives from citizens of the time, create campaign posters, and research specific platforms to stump in front of their peers
- The topics are based on an exhibition at the Smithsonian Instuitution's National Museum of American History
- The 10-page packet includes teacher background information, activities, lists of resources, and discussion questions for each topic
- Neither detailed lesson plans nor rubrics for the presentations are included