This Unknown Angle Proofs—Proofs of Known Facts lesson plan also includes:
Lead the class in a Greek history lesson with a geometric twist. Pupils relate a short video about geometric properties to modern-day methods of solving for unknown angles. They discuss parallel line theorems and complete practice problems to present before their peers.
- Locate additional video segments to provide further assistance with problem completion for this and previous lessons
- Present the video upon review of terms but before the class begins practice problems
- Class should already understand that opposite parallelogram angles are equal in measure before starting this lesson
- Resource 11 in a 36-part series
- Includes a video to assist with integration of concepts presented
- Contains a detailed explanation of parallel line and converse theorems to ensure complete understanding