Why Lesson Planet?
Class groups investigate the economic and political implications of a country's policies on genetically modified foods, craft a position paper detailing that policy, and share their findings with the class. Armed with this information, individuals then create a commercial to convince Europeans to eat genetically engineered foods or convince American consumers not to buy GM foods.
- A link to events, papers, and fact sheets on the topic are included
- Be sure to check out the extension activities
- A fair treatment of this hot-button issue
- A very thoughtful exploration of a very complex issue
- Links to information from the Food and Drug Administration, which supports genetic engineering, and from Greenpeace, which opposes GM foods, are provided