This U.S. Symbols interactive also includes:
United States symbols are the subject of a video brought to you by BrainPop Jr. Hosts, Annie and Moby, begin with a definition of the word symbol, then go on to detail ten American symbols—the American flag, a Bald Eagle, the Liberty Bell, Statue of Liberty, Washington Monument, Lincoln Memorial, White House, Star-Spangled Banner, Pledge of Allegiance, and apple pie.
- Assign the video along with its quiz or notebook during center rotations
- Print the video's notebook, give one to each learner, pause and refer to the questions as they are discussed on screen
- Display pupils' finished products—drawings, written work, or the activity
- Flag Day is observed on June 14th
- If scholars watch the video independently, have headphones available to cut back on noise
- Annie speaks calmly and slowly
- A voice reads aloud link titles when you scroll over the image
- Provides a variety of activities to extend the learning experience—quizzes, games, word play, and more!
- Offers closed captioning, a transcript, and full screen options