This Use Square Roots to Solve Quadratic Equations: Plus or Minus interactive also includes:
Get two answers from a single equation. Pupils use the interactive to take the square root of nine and see the graphical representation of the two solutions. Individuals realize that solutions to quadratic equations that are solved by taking the square roots mostly come in pairs.
- Lead a discussion about the square roots of negative numbers
- Encourage class members to learn to recognize perfect squares
- The class should understand square roots
- Must create a free account before accessing the interactive
- Includes hints
- The additional reference contains examples