Although halogens are toxic, their compounds surround you every day from swimming pools to iodized salt. The 10th video in a 15-part series connects the information scholars already know about halogens to the compounds they see regularly. From street salt, to waterproof clothing, to swimming pools, these elements help us throughout the year.
- Use a KWL chart for halogen usage
- List other things people use halogens for that the video does not mention
- Relies on prior knowledge from the previous videos in the series
- Links chemistry to everyday life
- Short duration helps maintain learners' attention