Radioactivity is often perceived as dangerous and a threat to our well-being, but you may be surprised at the different applications of this natural chemical process. From the smoke detectors in our homes to treatments for cancer, this short video looks at numerous examples of how radioactive decay is used in modern society.
- Include this video in a high school chemistry class following an introduction to radioactivity
- Develop a note-taking guide for students to fill in as they view the video
- Flip your chemistry classroom by having your pupils watch this video as a homework assignment
- Video includes clear descriptions of eight different uses of radioactivity
- Pictures of the different types of technology are included as visual support